Burleigh National Park

Burleigh National Park






(Couldn't decide between these two pictures)

A challenging week


Our plans and preparations for the road trip were coming along nicely. The car was ready to go after having a full service, a new fan belt and a radiator flush.
We were also both excited that it was our last week of working.

Everything was going to plan until I woke up with a horrendous chest infection. Thankfully I started to feel better after three days in bed resting along with the help of some antibiotics. 

I was determined to make it into work for my last day, thankfully I was well enough to do so. I had made some great friends at work and I was sad to say goodbye.

Saturday

After spending the majority of my week in bed I was keen to get out into the fresh air. 
It was a beautiful sunny day so we decided to do a walk at Burleigh National Park.

We took the ocean view route around the rocky headland from Tallebudgera Creek. The views out to sea were incredible. We sat upon the rocks watching the surfers catch the waves, whilst watching the sun gradually set.

That evening we had planned for Nick and Rach to come over for ours for dinner. Marcus decided that he would cook one of his famous lamb roasts. The roast potatoes were incredible and we even managed to get English gravy for them both to try!
We were all well and truly stuff after dinner and dessert (cookies and ice-cream).


Sunday

Of course it was a beach day, as well as preparing for Byron on Tuesday.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My name is Collette Green and I am a 24 Geography Graduate from England. My boyfriend (Marcus) and I recently took a year out to visit and explore Australia. Although a little late this blog will consist of all our experience. Make sure to check-up and follow our adventure down under!